Happy Monday guys! I’m officially starting Recipe Monday on the blog and my first go round is an adaptation from a Rachel Ray recipe. This is a simple, healthy recipe that’s delicious and so easy to make. The recipe yields about 4 servings and is just as good the next day for lunch. I hope you like this one as much as we do.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can of corn
- 1 red bell pepper, split and seeded
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, 1/3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/3 palm full
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 1 medium yellow skinned onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp canned sliced jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, 28 ounces
- 1 can tomato sauce, 8 ounces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups tortilla chips, broken up into large pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 sliced avocado
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (if you have it)
Dice chicken and add 2 tablespoons oil to hot soup pot. Add chicken to pot. Season with poultry seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper. Lightly brown chicken on each side. Add zucchini, onions, garlic, red peppers and jalapeños. Cook vegetables with chicken 5 to 7 minutes to soften. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock. Bring soup to a bubble, reduce heat to medium low.
Add corn to pot and allow to heat. Add chips to soup in handfuls and fold in. Serve soup immediately with scatter of shredded cheese, dollop of sour cream and avocado. Sprinkle with cilantro if you have it.
- BGD -